Is Luther a good show?
- Really good writing
- Staring Idris Elba
- Amazing cast
- gr8 cinematography
- Cool ladies
- questions of morality and the concepts of love, evil, good
- really interesting characters and interactions.
- a detective series that isn’t about two white guys
- idris elba
- Excellent pacing
- really neat sets and designs, very cool textures.
- bad guys are all kinda pathetic while also still being scary and dangerous, which is important to me bc a lot of crime shows tend to romaticize or glorify the bad guys
- tiny fandom that would probably be improved by me talking some of the elementary folk into giving it a try
- Idris Elba
I’ll be honest, you kinda had me at Idris Elba.
Please tell me it hasn’t been cancelled?
3 seasons 14 episodes they all want to do some more with it so maybe a movie at some point
you would think the scariest thing about the x-files would be the monsters or the demons or the ghosts or whatever but no, the scariest thing is actually the group of old white men who control everything and i think that’s really telling
"Isn’t it time to acknowledge the ugly side? I’ve grown quite weary of the spunky heroines, brave rape victims, soul-searching fashionistas that stock so many books. I particularly mourn the lack of female villains — good, potent female villains. Not ill-tempered women who scheme about landing good men and better shoes (as if we had nothing more interesting to war over), not chilly WASP mothers (emotionally distant isn’t necessarily evil), not soapy vixens (merely bitchy doesn’t qualify either). I’m talking violent, wicked women. Scary women. Don’t tell me you don’t know some. The point is, women have spent so many years girl-powering ourselves — to the point of almost parodic encouragement — we’ve left no room to acknowledge our dark side. Dark sides are important. They should be nurtured like nasty black orchids."
rewatching luther and one of my favorite scenes is when alice and luther are in the church and luther touches Alices cheek after she cheered him up because she just completely melted in that scene.
oh man oh god
the church scene is so amazing don’t talk to me about it